Never Give a Dog a Grape

Never Give a Dog a Grape

Of course I did not need to ask can dogs eat grapes safely. I already knew that since it happened to a dog that belonged to a girl I used to hang out with. In fact the problem is pretty much common in many of the things that are poisonous to dogs. Grapes or raisins in very small amounts can cause kidney failure in dogs. It is not really that hard for me to remember that, I saw the dog. It really looked like it was going to die and probably came quite close to it before it recovered. The material that you read on the web says that they do not know why some dogs are so severely effected and others are not. At the least you want to make sure that you do not tempt fate with the things. It is not something that you want to see happen to a dog, they are not going to have a good time of it.

In this case the person with the grapes did not know anything. It was a toddler over at my friend’s house. We were sitting at the kitchen table talking about a project that he wanted me to help him with. At any rate his daughter got into the fridge and right beside it was a big German Shepherd. As soon as it got the grapes it gave one of them to the dog, which played with it rather than eat it. Luckily the grape went flying under the table. I do not think that one of them would have killed the dog as it is a very big one. That is something you really do not want to test. I am not going to take a chance on it and that is why I took the grape.

Comments are closed.