Copyright (c) 2008 PC Registry Repair
Every day that your computer is in use is one more day that it is open to viruses, spyware, malware, and all sorts of other malicious software programs hell bent on impairing the performance of your PC. Generally speaking, almost every PC performance issue circles back to viruses and spyware. So, knowing that, where do you think is best place to begin when trying to restore a computer? Security, of course!
By running weekly checks with your anti-malware, anti-spyware, and anti-virus software, you will be far less likely to be affected by performance impeding Trojans, spyware, malware, etc. Aside from improving your PCs effectiveness, you will also be protecting yourself from password thievery as well as from the prospect of identity theft. However, you should know that the process of fully restoring your computer does not end there — In fact, security is only the beginning.
Help To Restore Your Computer By Following These Simple Tips:
1) Defragment all drives on your computer. This will help sort through and organize all the files on the drive, resulting in smoother performance for your PC.
2) Use the Add/Remove tool to remove any and all unused software. This means old games and software applications you no longer have use for.
3) Manually check through your “Program Files” folder (located in the C-Drive) for files and folders that you no longer use. Even when software & games are uninstalled, their folders are known to be left behind; sometimes empty, sometimes not. By removing these folders, you will free up additional disk space and reduce the overall amount of clutter.
4) Perform regular weekly/bi-weekly disk clean-ups. Disk clean-ups can help clear unwanted and unneeded files & folders on your computer, allowing for much smoother performance.
5) Use a registry cleaner every week. The registry is the main command center of your computer, meaning many of your performance related issues will stem from there. By using a registry cleaner, you will be able to get rid of all the errors that are causing your PC to behave erratically — not to mention, the harmful entries & keys that have been added by nasty Trojans and spyware. Virtually everything you do is recorded by your computer; hence, regular use of a registry cleaner is highly recommended.
As you can see, you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars to restore your computer. All you need is a little bit of information and the tools to get it done right.